viernes, 26 de junio de 2009

My Blog Experience


Using the blogs as a support tool in the course of English was very good. Currently blogs have great potential as a tool in education because they can be adapted to any level of education and methodology of teaching. One of the most important advantages is that the teacher and student have a social interaction and to give students with a personal practice for their own learning and reflection on various subject.

Moreover, education in Chile today must use the challenge of digital literacy in the students for to make free and responsible use of resources on the Internet; we must take the available elements and incorporate them into our methods of study. For example: an English language course, as in our case. The use of the blog in the course was a good change in compare to the traditional model of teaching where the teacher taught the class and the students listen. With the blog the student learns writing, to resolve his doubts that arise at the time asking the teacher who accompanies to the student on the computer room.

In general, I can say that I enjoyed using the blog, helped me improve my English, reinforcing aspects of writing. But I still have weaknesses in terms of listening; I have a lot of difficulty understanding (the conference Ken Robinson for example). Perhaps the only problem of blogs was the topics on which we had to write. Some weren’t very entertaining, for example, "my favourite piece of technology", but in general they were all very interesting. Moreover, the blog made me think about things that i don’t had thought never, for example: my ideal future, or the best in anthropology, etc.

I think that blogs must be used in the English course in the coming years, but not only at the intermediate level, also in the started and beginning level. Well, that's all my friends.

1 comentario:

  1. Hernán,
    Thank you for your comments and suggestions. I’m glad you had a useful experience using blogs as a learning tool.

    My Blog Experience
    Using (/) blogs as a support tool in the course of English was very good. Currently blogs have A great potential as a tool in education because they can be adapted to any level of education and methodology of teaching. One of the most important advantages is that the teacher and student have a social interaction and THAT BLOGS PROVIDE students with a personal practice for their own learning and reflection on various subjectS.

    Moreover, education in Chile today must FACE the challenge of digital literacy in the students IN ORDER to make free and responsible use of resources on the Internet; we must take the available elements and incorporate them into our methods of study. For example: an English language course, as in our case. The use of the blog in the course was a good change compareD to the traditional model of teaching where the teacher taught the class and the students listenED. With the blog the student learn(/) BY writing to (/)solve THE doubts that arise at the time, asking the teacher who accompanies (/) the student IN the computer room.

    In general, I can say that I enjoyed using the blog, IT helped me improve my English, reinforcing aspects of writing. But I still have weaknesses in terms of listening; I have a lot of difficulty understanding (Ken Robinson’S conference for example). Perhaps the only problem of blogs was the topics on which we had to write. Some weren’t very entertaining, for example, "my favourite piece of technology", but in general they were all very interesting. Moreover, the blog made me think about things that i HAD NEVER TOUGHT BEFORE, for example: my ideal future, or the best in anthropology, etc.
    I think that blogs must be used in the English course in the coming years, but not only at the intermediate level, also in the startER and beginnER levelS. Well, that's all my friends.

    ResponderEliminar