viernes, 13 de noviembre de 2009

Post 12: My Academic Year


In general, this has been a bad academic year. However the marks i got have been good. I think that the self evaluation depends on a lot of factors, example of the hours dedicated to the study, the number of courses, the assistance, external problems to the university, motivation generated for the courses, etc. I think that the good marks not only are determinated for the intelligence of the students, this depend of all these factors. Too depend on the teachers, for example of their personality or of their ability to teach. However, not all has been bad: the courses and marks aren’t all the university life. There are many good things, for example the relations whith the friends and classmates, the thousands of new things that are learned, etc.


In the first term i had six subjects. This were Economical Anthropology, Urban Anthropology I, Quantitative Methods II, Systems Anthropology, Geographic Information System (GIS), and finally English III. Whereas, i have in the second term eleven subjects. The principals subjects are: Urban Anthropology II, Feminism and Anthropology, Folk and Culture, Medical Anthropology, Anthropology and Religion, English IV, etc. Has been a very hard term. I had study a lot, read many papers and books, and to use all my time in class. Today, in the end of the term i`m very stressed and tired. I only think on holidays. Of these subjects, my favourite was Quantitative Methods II. This is a excelent class and one of the reasons that i like it is because the teacher is very good. His name is Jaime Fierro. He teaches of a way clear and explanatory. In adition, he teaches all the matter that he is supposed to teach...not all teachers do that. Furthermore, in this course i learned to use a computer program that is called SPSS (it's a computer program used for statistical analysis). Are input variables to consider, depending on their type and scope of the investigation can be used either estadisitica technique. The marks i got in this subject were very good, and because now (second term) i`m assistant on this course (Too i`m assistant of other course called Chilean Etnology). However not all the teachers are good. There are teachers that isn’t interested on his class or students. They only is concern of the money and personal projects. Their class are very demotivating.


As i said before, this year has not been a very good one, but not because of the marks i got in the subjects, but for external problems to the university, specially family problems. I think that i could have got best marks that I had got. But this isn’t important now. These weeks, the last weeks of the year, i`m very tired, stressed and boring because i don’t want study more. I have a lot of courses in the second term, and for this has been very hard. But efforts have good results: i hope to get at year's end my degree in Social Anthropology… I’m almost a professional!!

1 comentario:

  1. I see you've been working really hard and you deserve a good holiday. I hope next year is even better for you in terms of good grades, but not as tiring as this one. Congratulations for having been chosen an assistant of two classes.

    Corrected post:
    In general, IN SPITE OF THE GOOD marks I got, this has been a bad academic year. I think that the self evaluation depends on a lot of factors, FOR example, the hours dedicated to the study, the number of courses, the aTTENDAnce, external problems NOT RELATED TO the university, motivation generated BY the courses, etc. I think that the good marks are not only determinED BY the intelligence of the students, this dependS ON all these factors. IT ALSO dependS on the teachers, for example, oN their personality or oN their ability to teach. However, not EVERYTHING has been bad: the courses and marks aren’t all the university life. There are many good things SUCH AS the relationSHIP whith YOUR friends and classmates, the thousands of new things that YOU HAVE learned, etc.


    In the first term I had six subjects. ThEY wer: Economical Anthropology, Urban Anthropology I, Quantitative Methods II, Systems Anthropology, Geographic Information System (GIS), and finally English III. Whereas in the second term I haD eleven. The principals subjects are: Urban Anthropology II, Feminism and Anthropology, Folk and Culture, Medical Anthropology, Anthropology and Religion, English IV, etc. IT Has been a very hard term. I had TO study a lot, read many papers and books, and use all my time in class, SO today, AT the end of the term I’m very stressed and tired. I only think ABOUT holidays. Of these subjects, my favourite ONE was Quantitative Methods II. This is aN excelent class and one of the reasons that i like it is because the teacher is very good. His name is Jaime Fierro. He teaches IN a VERY clear and explanatory way. In adition, he teaches all the matter that he is supposed to teach...not all teachers do that. Furthermore, in this course I learned to use a computer program that is called SPSS (it's a computer program used for statistical analysis). THERE Are input variables to consider, depending on the type and scope of the investigation either STATISTICAL technique can be used. The marks I got in this subject were very good, and THAT’S WHY now (second term) i`m AN assistant oF this course (I`m ALSO AN assistant of ANother course called Chilean Etnology). However not all the teachers are good. There are teachers that AREn’t OR DON’T SEEM TO BE interested In THEIR class or students. They ARE only concernED WITH the money and THEIR personal projects. Their classES are very demotivating.

    As I said before, this year has not been a very good one, but not because of the marks i got in the subjects, but DUE TO problems NOT RELATED TO the university, specially family problems. I think that i could have got beTTER marks thaN I got. But this isn’t important now. These weeks, the last weeks of the year, i’VE BEEN FEELING very tired, stressed and borED because I don’t want TO study more. I have HAD a lot of courses in the second term, and for this REASON IT has been very hard. But efforts have good results: I hope to get at THE end of the year my degree in Social Anthropology… I’m almost a professional!!

    ResponderEliminar